Thursday, June 28, 2012

another week in pictures


Randy's first day of work! Unbeknownst to him, I took this stellar picture of him after I dropped him off at the Bart station. It takes him about 45-50 minutes total to get to/from work. He's getting home around 7 or a little later every night so we've had to somewhat adjust our 9pm bedtime to accomodate more time together. :)


What better way to start off a new job than with pineapple upside down pancakes?


Yum! My new go-to pancake recipe (thanks to the Salehis) is "fluffy pancakes" on allrecipes.com, then I just sauted some fresh cut pinapple with brown sugar and butter, plopped the pinapple down into the pancake as it cooked and sprinkled with brown sugar. Super easy and, for not being a big fan of pancakes or pineapple, I really liked them!


Last week I started to train with Cornerstone (I'll be the assistant to the pastor of the Walnut Creek church). To commemorate my new "job" I bought this cute notebook at Target so I can make notes and to-do lists with style.


Along Hwy 1 - a new favorite drive

On our way to Stinson Beach. I'm pretty sure my favorite thing is where mountains and ocean meet.

Had a great day at the beach! We waded in the water and sat in the wind and read Radical together.

We found a stretch of beach that was unoccupied by other dogs and let this guy go off leash. It was awesome to watch him bounce around and be so free!


Not the greatest video of the off-leash extravaganza, but a video nonetheless. He was often more excited about surfers and seaweed and crab than he was about the water.


Jake's ears kept getting blown up by the wind. 


We took Amy and Nadia and John to Stinson when they visited. Despite the water being crazy cold, Nadia loved playing in the water and sand all day.


This kid is pretty special, and we loved our opportunity to spend so much time together.

Love the expression!
 

Picked up these glass treasures at a local store's going out of business sale. Crazy cheap!


Celebrating our 2nd anniversary in style.

1 comment:

  1. I freakin miss you two!! Looks like you are enjoying life!!! Love you both:)

    ReplyDelete